FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton London Gatwick Airport {GBR}
View Single Post
Old Nov 10, 2003, 4:37 pm
travelmad478

Programs: BA GfL
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Wandering Lion:
The signage from the airport terminal could be a little better, but keep you eyes up and you will be fine.</font>
That's the understatement of the week. I stayed at this hotel two nights ago after a late-night flight into LGW. My travel companion and I were positively mystified by the myriad, poorly marked twists and turns required to get from the north terminal to the hotel. Oy. We finally made it after what seemed like miles of walking (although I will say that the walk was much more pleasant than the one guests have to endure to get from LHR T4 to the Hilton there).

The hotel was a lot nicer than LHR's Hilton, too. We got a room in the new wing--again, another six miles from the reception desk, but a nice room with a very nice bathroom. The place was good and quiet.

One annoying detail was that despite my reminding the desk clerk during check-in that we needed a room with two beds, we walked the aforementioned six miles to our room to discover that she had given us a room with one bed. Upon calling back to the desk to fix this, it took about 40 rings for her to pick up. I've had problems like this before when checking in at a late hour (it was just after midnight). Seems like the brand-new trainees are all given that shift.