FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco
View Single Post
Old Aug 25, 2009, 6:32 am
OU812

Programs: United 1K, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by aacharya
Napa on Thursday, and maybe Friday.

Sonoma for sure Saturday and most likely Friday.

I would drive from tastings back and forth, as Wine Country Hotels tend to be prohibitively expensive. Then again, I could stay in Marin at the CY tehre.
I would definitely recommend staying a lot closer to wine country. The drive back and forth to SFO can take well over 90 minutes on weekends with traffic. The last thing I would want to do is make that drive especially after a long day of wine tasting.

The Courtyard Santa Rosa offers a Marriott Rewards (M11) rate of $99 per night Thursday - Sunday most weekends in Oct. It is a nice property with a lot of great restaurants close by. It is fairly central to Napa and Sonoma and a lot closer than SFO.

You may find similar deals at other CY and FI in the wine country area. Use what ever discount code you qualify for (AAA?), check out the list of publicly available discounts codes posted as a sticky to this forum.

Wine country is very busy on weekends in Sept and Oct. The Lodge at Sonoma is very expensive on weekends, but it also a great property and worth the splurge.

Whatever you decide to do, book early.

Hope this helps.

RIP...