FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE : Hotel Pulitzer Amsterdam, Netherlands, Left SPG 1 Apr 2015 [Master Thread]
Old Aug 24, 2009, 9:40 am
FD1971
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by cbrown5294
I am going to have rental car for my 2 night stay and was told hotel parking is 55 Euro/night!
Any closeby parking ideas?
Yes, but they are limited to a couple of hours, maybe more on weekends, at Euro ~ 6.00 per hour...

Amsterdam still believes that cars should not be part of the city and they are charging accordingly, fortunately the wheel clamps are mostly gone.

I suggest you park your car at one of the numerous park & rail transfer stations around the city at significantly lower rates, hop on a train and/or cap and do not risk to ruin your vacation looking for parking spots. You can also park 2-3 km form the main city centre, more spaces, but mostly severely restricted, due to cleaning and local residents. The big garages will charge from Euro 40 upwards per 24 hours, mostly without in and put priv., but you do not need a car in Amsterdam at all.

Aside from that, if you come from Berlin and continue to Frankfurt, stick to the speed limits in The Netherlands, 10 km/h too fast and you already easily playing in the Euro 60-90 fee league and they are not kidding and keep your data...