FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - And you thought liquid checks were bad....Here come powders
Old Aug 22, 2009, 10:31 pm
Boggie Dog
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bart
No. It's a truly innovative way of searching unconventional explosives. A lot of friends whose opinions I respect have great things to say about this detection technology. However, I think they didn't work out all the bugs yet and decided to hold off implementation. I'm glad because the last thing TSOs need is to be put in an embarrassing situation even though they followed procedure to the letter. Now they get to fine tune it some more.

I'm all for innovation, but one of the things I'm curious about is WHO gets to do the field test? When I was in the Army, if you really wanted to test a new piece of equipment, you gave it to a buck private. You didn't tell him to read the instructions because the real test came when he didn't do it as envisioned by some pencil-chewing geek in a lab. I don't know if that was done with this particular technology.
Well at least you didn't try to defend the Shoes on Belt screw-up. And about that just what is the real fricken policy?