FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Honors Gold VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps
Old Oct 3, 2003, 4:20 pm
Rut Dog

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Two phone calls. Interestingly enough, everyone was a man. Just curious, because it seems like I almost always talk to women at HH, be they front line or supervisory. In any case...

Call #1:

HH: Hello, may I help you.
RD: Yes, I'm interested in knowing if I qualify for any fast track to gold promotions, particularly any that offer a 50K point bonus after four stays.
HH: (without even a pause!) No, there's nothing like that. (!!!)
RD: <click> (my standard response to a customer service representative who seems indifferent to the customer, service, or both -- much more effective than trying to freshen up a rotten apple)

Call #2: This one is edited down a bit, because this guy tried real hard to find a promo that would work for me.

HH: Hello, may I help you.
RD: Yes, I'm interested in knowing if I qualify for any fast track to gold promotions, particularly any that offer a 50K point bonus after four stays.
HH: OK, let me see if I can find a promotion that fits that description. Just a minute... Well, I found some, but they all say they're targetted. Let me try it anyway... No, the computer rejected.
RD: Is there any way you can override that?
HH: I can't, but maybe my supervisor can. Let me check. [three minute hold] I'm sorry, my supervisor said with the new system upgrades, even he can't override the targetted programs. What I can do is give you a 3,000 point courtesy credit, and 2,500 points on your next stay.
RD: Is that the AGNT bonus?
HH: Yes.
RD: Can I also enroll in AXSBS, which is 4 stays to gold without the 50K?
HH: Let me try... Yes, it took it.
RD: That's wonderful. Well, you've been great, could I speak to your supervisor to pass on my compliements.
HH: Certainly.
HHSup: Hello, may I help you?
RD: Yes, so and so was really helpful. He went out of his way to provide excellent service.
HHS: Well, thank you.
RD: By the way, is there any possibility I could get enrolled in one of those 50K FTTG promos?
HHS: [He researches a bit.] Unfortunately, we have no override control on these new promos. Very sorry.
RD: OK, thanks. Well kudos to my CSR, and you have a great weekend.
HHS: You, too.

I am currently earned gold until 4/04. And though I am almost certain to not requalify for gold, I will have 4 stays in Oct/Nov/Dec.

So I hope that after the 4th stay posts, my date will have been extended until 4/05. Me like breakfast. Free breakfast even better.

[This message has been edited by Rut Dog (edited 10-03-2003).]