FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Netbooks and the evolution towards larger machines...
Old Aug 19, 2009, 12:41 pm
RichMSN
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by RichMSN
I know. In the end, I flipped a coin and went with the one I liked the look of best.

I'll probably put Office on it. Came with Microsoft Works 9, so that might be enough for us since it's not a primary machine and I really can't travel with it much for work since my company's software wouldn't run well on a netbook. Right now I have it set up as a kiosk-type machine for the counter -- 4 user accounts, one for each of the people in the house. We're all on IMAP email, so I set up Thunderbird for each user and imported user bookmarks into Firefox. I've never shared a computer before, so this is kinda cool.

I avoided the Vista machines purposefully. XP SP3 runs great. Why complicate things?

Anyone run Tweetdeck or Slingplayer on a netbook?
A follow up. I installed Office 2007, SlingPlayer, FeedDemon, Thunderbird, and Skype. Also Firefox, WS_FTP, ISOburner, Tweetdeck.

Went out and got the $79 USB DVD writer/player as well.

Runs great.

Right now, it's a "kiosk" machine on our countertop, but it will travel with me when I don't need our work software or when I'm on vacation.