FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco
View Single Post
Old Aug 19, 2009, 11:11 am
cyberdad

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
Originally Posted by keeton

The SF downtown Marriott is a big ol' business hotel. I have stayed in it off and on since it first opened after the big quake in the late 80s. It is a reliable hotel that is very convenient to local public transportation - which is important as a car is a major PITA for getting around intown SF. The downtown Courtyard is not that far away but the immediate neighborhood is not that interesting (or convenient) for tourist-type activities.

The SFO (airport) Marriott would be out of the question as it is on the other side of the city from the wine country area.
Agree 100% with your take on the downtown Marriott. I've stayed there off and on myself since it first opened in '89.

I have an event coming up at Moscone right after the first of the year, and was just tentatively booked at the CY. Just curious if you....or anyone else...can tell me how the CY is for BART/Public transport, as well as for proximity to Moscone.

Thanks in advance

....Jack