FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in San Francisco
View Single Post
Old Aug 19, 2009, 8:48 am
keeton

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by aacharya
So now I'm torn between the CY and the SF Airport Marriott. Staying two nights in October at the Westin SoMA (on the company) and then three more nights (on my dime and on Marriott Gift Cards) for some serious wine tasting.

Although the CY is cheaper, I like the review and service I read above at the SF Marriott. What to do? Or should I just stay in Marin?
If you are going to do some "serious" wine tasting, I would stay at a property in Napa or Sonoma. It is a long drive back to the city - especially after having a few .

The SF downtown Marriott is a big ol' business hotel. I have stayed in it off and on since it first opened after the big quake in the late 80s. It is a reliable hotel that is very convenient to local public transportation - which is important as a car is a major PITA for getting around intown SF. The downtown Courtyard is not that far away but the immediate neighborhood is not that interesting (or convenient) for tourist-type activities.

The SFO (airport) Marriott would be out of the question as it is on the other side of the city from the wine country area.