FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Contemplating Double Status which other program should I choose
Old Aug 18, 2009, 3:44 pm
tegelad

Programs: AA EXP 1M, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz President Circle
I have to earn my miles the hardest way possible LLF + <$250 (which meant given CO's miles policy during those years I earned that at a 50% clip rate which was "special").

I also have a preference for free upgrades, and will of course will always start the year out with AA to ensure that I keep my EXP status. The preference is due to the fact that being out of IND, I have no directs anywhere, so my weekly trips are more like a 8-12 hour festivus each way ...

My initial thoughts (after finishing the status match threads (wow that took some time):

NW has a positive as I have an account; and they will do platinum. Also, I can use the bump up now without an effect before Delta takes over. A negative is that it will merge with Delta and their upgrade issues ... but I will have that until 2/2011

CO has a positive as I am 1/2 way there, they will be in the star alliance however, I don't know if now is a wise time to burn the once-in a lifetime status match. I also have had a pretty good experience with them (with the only time being the 3 day mess in CLE ...)

UA is intriguing for me as I think it has a very wide coverage and fills alot of holes ... but it concerns me that I have to pay the piper per 500 miles ... (I fly to SJC alot and I had to do that for about a month while I acrewed the remaining status miles). But ... then it makes me think ... wouldn't CO give me some beneift being in *A .... with United?

+-ADT

Last edited by tegelad; Aug 18, 2009 at 3:53 pm