FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 72 hours of travelling from London to Seoul in absolute comfort (LX F and OZ C)
Old Aug 17, 2009, 6:07 pm
stargold

In Y, the lunch service consisted of a ham and cheese sandwich, a bar of chocolate and a biscuit with a fruit filling. A choice of drinks was offered free of charge, including wine - good to see LH maintaining some service over and above the LCCs. The aforementioned purser stayed in C while two other male flight attendants served the Y cabin, who were incidentally much better than the purser.

The ham sandwich was okay, not great - the cheese filling in question was cream cheese rather than something like cheddar, which would have made much more sense. I liked the paper tray that the snacks came in - it was Lufthansa Italia design with the Italian flag motif stripe.

Lunch offerings

After lunch was finished and the waste collected away, the rest of the flight was pretty uneventful. I typed out some emails on my Blackberry (in flight mode, of course) and gazed out of the window occasionally. However, when it was time to use the bathroom, I got a nasty surprise - there were only two toilets for the entire aircraft, one at the front for C and one at the very back for Y. There was a queue of 5+ people by the time I reached the back and it was getting rather crowded in the galley area, with many frustrated sighs and huffs after a while. Really, I expected more than one bathroom for 100+ passengers...

Before long, I could see the Alps outside my window and I realised it was nearing the end of the flight. It was rather an uneventful flight overall, and for £49 I really couldn't complain despite minor annoyances. The aircraft was set to arrive on time, the food was edible and the seat comfort was acceptable.

View of the Alps without the snow

Video of the landing here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nitst6M8u8

One last look at the BMI A319...

We landed on time at 15:20 and taxied to the gate where I disembarked quickly at 15:30. My first time in Milan - and gosh, it was a really old looking airport. Walking towards the immigrations control, it really felt like a time warp back to the 80s. It really caught me off guard because I haven't really been in any airport recently that felt quite so old.

Making my way to the passport controls

An Emirates A330, presumably bound for DXB?

There was no-one in the queue when I reached the passport controls and I went to collect my luggage at the belt. Still in a time-warp daze, I made my way to the departures level where I found the Swiss check-in counters for my next flight.