FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - book to YYZ, stay at JFK
View Single Post
Old Aug 16, 2009, 10:58 am
Zeffer

Programs: AA EXP & 1MM, SkyTeam Gold, *A Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold, mother's favorite son
Originally Posted by Colin
There is near zero risk. All the stories above are conjecture based upon the FlyerTalk tendancy for all to fall in line with conventional wisdom. Ignore it. Buy the one-way ticket, fly the segment you want, and then go about your life. No one will say a damn thing.
Hear hear. I've done the same kinda thing before by accident -- i.e. plans changed and I had to stay in what I initially thought would be a connecting city, or clearing immigration took longer than expected and I missed my connecting flight which made the whole trip pointless, or while on a stopover work arose that prevented me from completing the rest of the trip.

Airlines know that plans change and stuff happens and people miss flights for all sorts of reasons. They will not even notice. If they do, you've got a billion reasons why it was unintentional.

Just don't make it a regular habit so it becomes a glaringly suspicious pattern, jusssssssst in case.