FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus {TUR}
View Single Post
Old Aug 13, 2003, 4:53 am
chica

Programs: DL Gold, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Hilton Istanbul Trip Reports and Reviews

I am so appreciative of all the excellent information I have benefited from here at Flyer Talk and so I wanted to give back a little.
We recently stayed at the Istanbul Hilton- August 4 - August 7. We were flying on a buddy pass destination Cairo but not possible so we ended up in Istanbul at the last minute. Called from the airport, sign at baggage claim indicating phone number, 11:00 PM, exhausted, willing to pay whatever, rate of $165 US.
Arrived at front desk after midnight. recieved very warmly and professionally, reservation not in system yet, but taken to our upgraded room anyway, The upgrade was for executive level, room was fine. There is a separate concierge/reception at executive level, great service. Breakfast was fine, inconsistent though. Breads, meats, cheeses, bacon, sausage, other hot items, yogurt, coffee, juice, etc. Free internet access in lounge. Lounge is open all day, snacks and drinks, appetizers in evening. Some days we received paper, some days not. Some days we received dessert in our room, some days not. One evening we received a great fruit basket and a bottle of wine. Overall we were satisfied, but we are usually very frugal, so $165 seemed steep.