FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What to do during a long layover in New Delhi?
Old Aug 10, 2009, 7:59 pm
billgrates3

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by HNL
There are no left luggage facilities at DEL and its not advisable to attempt checking your bags through from Dhaka to ORD. One option is booking a room at a nearby hotel. If not a room, try using the bellhop services at a hotel. Another option is to rent a car (they come with a driver) and keep your bags in the trunk while the driver takes you around the city. As you are prbably very aware - driving in India is not for the faint of heart.
thanks for the logistics advice... I am staying at the Radisson close to the airport on the outbound leg. I'll ask them if i can leave my bags there on the return.

As for checking thru, Mrs.G and I traveled on 9W from KTM back in June and made that mistake. Never again!! 9W wouldn't deliver the bags to AA... finally after 3 days, the AA staff had to go to 9W and get the bags themselves... getting them back to us 4 days after we returned to SFO.
So I am flying 9W from DAC and I will only check them to DEL this time... thus the need to either schlep them around with me or store them somewhere.