FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - It surely can't be THAT difficult!!!
View Single Post
Old Aug 9, 2009, 5:55 pm
easte

Programs: UA 1K, AF FB silver
Originally Posted by MichielR
Ok, I admit, it happened to me too, a long time ago. I remember looking for seat 71A down the aisle of a KLM B747 without realizing that I had been given my first ever upgrade.
Well, if this is meant to share funny anedoctes, I have at least 2 stories from two FT. A colleague of mine once fought in Milan for a seat as some other passenger was arguing that was HIS seat. This colleague of mine was sitting on the right seat... on the wrong flight... he was supposed to go to AMS and was on a flight to Athens... KL personnel were looking for him, as he went missing after boarding... it came out he took the wrong bus from the terminal... people on his flight were mad at him...
As to me, I once went to the wrong airport... I used to fly from DCA when I had domestic legs, and did not pay attention to the ticket... that time the domestic connection was from IAD... I spent half an hour trying to explain to DL personnel that I was on the 7.30am flight to ATL, but there was not such a flight.

On the contrary, I do not feel bothered by people only because they are not FT and, thus, not familiar with the whole airport/airplanes thing. For people who are not that used to travel, flights may provoke a level of anxiety that other forms of traveling do not create. I am on the contrary bothered by the attitude of unpolite flight attendants, disfunctions of airlines, I am bothered by FB april fool.