FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 47 CO Pax Imprisoned Overnight on Stinky E145 @ Rochester, MN
Old Aug 9, 2009, 2:19 pm
Beckles
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TWA Fan 1
But this isn't a GC/Sub-contractor relationship. It's a marketing agreement. The operator is ExpressJet, marketed through CAL.
Again, and I already posted it, this is a complete misrepresentation of the relationship between CO and XJet in my opinion, here it is again since you apparently missed it in my previous post:
Originally Posted by Express Jet Annual Report
Continental controls and is responsible for scheduling, pricing and managing seat inventories and is entitled to all revenue associated with the operation of the aircraft. We also have various other agreements with Continental that govern our relationship. Under the Continental CPA, all marketing-related costs normally associated with operating an airline are borne by Continental.
That is a lot more than a "marketing agreement" as is clearly laid out. I didn't post it previoulsy, but CO is also responsible for paying for fuel and the planes themselves. In reality all XJet does is hire and pay employees, everything else that XJet does is controlled by CO.