FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 47 CO Pax Imprisoned Overnight on Stinky E145 @ Rochester, MN
Old Aug 9, 2009, 1:41 pm
pptp

Originally Posted by Beckles
I don't think it's unreasonable at all that CO monitor what is going on with its Express carriers, quite frankly to not know what is happening on flights they pay for, schedule, sell, and market is inexcusable.
In a perfect world I guess CO could have a subset of SOCC that monitors all of their contract carriers but really, this would be a waste of resources and would defeat the whole purpose of hiring and relying on subs. They don't have the money for that anyway.

Back to the construction analogy, if I, as a project manager had to hire a subset of superintendents to oversee the subcontractor's superintendents, well...I might as well just hire the crew myself. It's a redundancy that isn't supposed to, and shouldn't have to be there. That's the whole reason we have subs.

There is a rule of thumb too, for every construction job, big or small, there's almost always one sub that is a pain in the rear. Every time. And trust that when selecting subs, you go through great pains to make sure they're reliable, but there's always that ONE, grrrrrr.