FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Obama appoints Errol Southers to head the TSA
Old Aug 8, 2009, 8:21 pm
Wally Bird

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by Bart
He was specifically referring to the general approach to terrorism. Nowhere in the article did it imply, suggest, nor refer to airport security screening.
Quoting out of context certainly is unbecoming of you.
The context is he is the TSA administrator, and his views on the "War" are directly relevant. I don't object to ex-military screeners since they are, by and large, more mature than most; providing they can keep the hoo-rahs to a minimum.

We saw the military influence of the first TSA heads, and some of their inanities are still with us. I'm not sure an ex-Feeb is the right choice, but I'm going to give him a chance. For a while...

cf:
Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz, testifying in October before the Senate Armed Services Committee, agreed that it might be desirable to give federal troops more of a role in domestic policing to prevent terrorism. "In certain cases we can do more than anyone else in the country because of the special capabilities that we have,'' he said.
Hopefully, those days are gone. For ever.