FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City {US-CA}
Old Feb 19, 2002, 5:36 pm
MisterNice
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok I stayed there and am a HH Diamond. Upgraded to the Towers w/o a problem to a very large room. The lounge is open 7 days/week evenings only. Mucho food with the Mex dishes loaded with onions. Some breaded deep fried mushrooms upped the oily calorie count. Fresh fruit and sammishes completed the food. Mixed drinks are weak and $6. Wine is $4. Two attendants and 8 customers. The Sheraton appeared a little run down and was the same price.

You get a cert for breakfast in the downstairs restaurant worth $6.95 on any menu item or the buffet......or for a standard continental breakfast of waiter-delivered juice, coffee, e-muffin, blueberry muffin and mixed fruit. No matter what you tell the waiter he brings this........"I know you did not want the "X" but I brought it for you any way". For a place constantly quoting "itsa been bad since 9/11" they could probably save some money by NOT having a grand piano breakfast pianist. Valet parking is a whopping $16 and 3 different guests were complaining about long distance charges to nearby locations. One is instructed to make all local calls by dialing 9-1-(AC)-number. Ouch!

MisterNice