FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex Platinum charge Card Travel Insurance advice needed!
Old Aug 7, 2009, 1:37 am
navatwal

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I called during the time i needed advice but only the emergency medical services were open.

a case has been logged and I will sort this out on my return as most of the out of poclet expenses have now occurred.

The guy I spoke with on the phone the next day actually scared me a little as he said i will only get the 150 per person for the travel inconvenience and thats it, even though it cost me 700 euros each to purchase a new one way ticket, i would think that is a very big mistake which often travel insurers customer service give you incorrect advice.

Even the cheapest insurance policies would refund this and other out of pocket expenses due to illness

I will sort once I get back but I wasnt too happy with KLM for cancelling all my remaining flight sectors and making me panic and buy a new flight totally even though my wife was ill.