FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Parker Méridien, New York City [Master Thread] - LEAVING JAN 4, 2018
Old Aug 6, 2009, 6:42 pm
wajiheffendi

Originally Posted by ACfly
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry: Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13216/504; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

Can anyone else confirm whether internet access is free?

Confirmed. I stayed there over the 4th of july weekend. Internet access is not free. I don't remember what they charged for internet access; i was on vacation so i left the laptop at home and depended on my iphone for all of my internet needs.

I had reserved two rooms on a combination of points and the free weekend nights. Both rooms got upgraded for the entire 3 night stay. The rooms are a nice size, but the furniture is a little bit dated and cheap looking. The suites do have a fold out couch which is very helpful with our daughter. The suite was the largest suite that i've ever gotten in NYC. There were only two pain points:

- At check-in I had to fill out this form with the names of the room occupants. Since I had different reservations for each night, they made me fill out multiple forms. It was a pain in the ... since we arrived at the hotel around 1am with 2 tired, cranky kids (a toddler and an infant). I've never had to fill out a form like this in the US. Not sure why it was even necessary to fill out.

- The doormen and bellmen were very unhelpful the entire time. they didn't even help us get taxis or load out our stuff into taxis -- we were traveling with two kids and two strollers, so we would have appreciated the help.

Besides those two minor annoyances, the trip was great. i complained to the manager and she compensated me with some starwood points.

all in all, i highly recommend this property. great location, great rooms for NYC.

Thanks,
-Wajih