FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Salzburg Crowne Plaza property
View Single Post
Old Aug 5, 2009, 2:01 am
Alf

Programs: Lufthansa HON Circle, IC Royal Ambassador, American Express Centurion, Mastercard World Signia
Thumbs up CP Salzburg - The Pitter

I stayed there six times over the last four years as a Platinum member.
Made reservations for different room types (always on Best Flexible rate) and never received an upgrade.
Also I never received a welcome gift (fruits, water...) or any other kind of status recognition.

The hotel doesn't have an own garage but an agreement with a public garage approx. 200 meters away.
This can be annoying if you have a lot of luggage with you or if it's raining outside.
I never had a chance to get a free parking slot outside anywhere next to the hotel.

However I found an interesting alternative in Anif. The hotel is called Friesacher Hof. You will drive through Anif if you come from the German highway and are driving towards Salzburg. The hotel Friesacher Hof has wonderful Junior Suites (big, luxurious, great bathroom with tub and rainfall showers, some have an own dressing room, some have 2 LCDs - one next to the bed and one next to the sitting area). Breakfast is included in their rates, garage was included as well on my stays and if you are travelling alone (business purpose) you only pay half the room rate. So for my Junior Suite I always paid something between 100 and 120 Euro per night incl. breakfast and garage. I'd absolutely rate it a five star hotel with much better service and amenities (also pool, massage...) as the CP Salzburg.

Cheers, Alf