FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Adam Burke's response on using "old" rewards chart certificates after June 1, 2003
Old Apr 10, 2003, 2:07 pm
KathyWdrf
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ozstamps:
Same answer as to same question by KathyWdrf on a nearby thread. Why not phone and try to make the booking? I would be very surprised if you phoned and booked now and got a booking number there would be an issue at all. You are home free then. </font>
The problem with phoning:

1. You will (almost certainly) get different answers from different CSR's.

2. The answer won't be in writing (except that you can get a faxed or e-mailed reservation confirmation, but that doesn't necessarily "prove" that the cert, which is separate, is good for the particular hotel).

3. In my case, I don't have specific dates in mind and really don't want to book any award stays just yet. (I know -- I could book some and then cancel; not sure I want to bother with that though.) I DO want to get one or two or three GLON certs issued before May 31 (and am wary of waiting till the very last minute in case the phone lines are suddently jammed!).

This does seem like VERY GOOD NEWS, though. Sometime in late May I expect I'll be phoning to get my certs!

Kathy