FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Jul 31, 2009, 10:42 am
chtrich

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
I had my first denial today when trying to deposit the coins. I frequent 5 Wachovias near me and only one is cold toward the process. When I went in today, I was told that "We don't have space in the vault" with an attitude. They said they'll have space next Thursday, so I'll be sure to have a good 5-8K for deposit there next Thursday. In the meantime, I'll visit the other/nice ones
I think as this deal continues to get more and more popular or as we continue to visit our banks more and more often, we'll see more excuses and or more fees imposed. I've been hit with several the longer I've been at this.

It really is a hassle for the banks and their carriers to haul all these coins. My local branch manager is very nice and has told me how much the Loomis drivers have been complaining to him about it. He just tells him he's going to keep accepting the coins. Of course he also passes along to me every fee that Loomis has started hitting him with for all the extra coins.

I'm still coming out ahead though so onward and upward