FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Antwerp - Amsterdam
View Single Post
Old Jul 31, 2009, 7:49 am
ELAL

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Originally Posted by Henry III
I think a HST between Schiphol and (really) Brussels would be excellent. I just checked klm.com for GLA-(AMS)-BRU and I get the option of an F50 link to BRU or a train link to ZWE (then I'd have to get from Antwerp to Brussels under my own steam).

-- H
Intresting as the same train actually continues to BRU, and I know many people who use the train to BRU, if there is no flight connection straight away. Call KLM this is for sure possible to arrange.

Originally Posted by Henry III
The trouble at the moment is that the fare with AMS-BRU (> £500) is three times that with the AMS-ZWE (~£170), but the only GLA-AMS-ZWE schedule offered leaves GLA on the 05:55 (KL1470) flight (which seems very odd - surely KL can get a 27xx code share on more than one train per day).
-- H
Sounds very odd, what I can say is that KLM always give you the connection on a Thaly's train, even if it means waiting for hours, although your ticket can be changed to a normal train ticket (which departs every hour) at the train station in Schipol, and they will even give you first class, as you are changing from a Thaly's ticket (request in Schipol to change your return train too, because if you wait to do it in Belgium they won't give you a first class ticket), once again call KLM, they can most probaly book you on the other flights too.