FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Prague Old Town {CZE}
View Single Post
Old Jul 30, 2009, 8:45 am
servus

Hilton Prague Old Town - July 2009

After checking-out at the Hilton Prague (see my separate trip report), we took our bags and walked over to the Hilton Prague Old Town (HHonors Category 5) , V Celnici 7, 111 21 Prague, Tel: +420-2-2182-2100, Fax: +420-2-2182-2200, email: [email protected]

The hotel is centrally located in the city center, right across Central Station, and opposite the Marriott hotel. Check-in was fast and friendly. My colleague and I both received an upgrade to an Executive Room on the 5th floor, on the back of the house. Unfortunately we were given a smoking room but as we checked-in late and had to leave at 04:00 am we didn’t complain. My room was very small, probably half of the size of the other rooms on this floor. My colleagues room was a little bit larger as she was assigned a corner-room. In our room we found a welcome note, some peanuts and a bottle of complimentary Evian water. The room was kind of dark but clean and ok for just a few hours to sleep in.

The Executive Lounge is located adjacent the Front Desk but was closed while we were there. Instead a smaller meeting room on the 2nd floor was used as Executive Lounge. A couple of tables and chairs, one sofa and two armchairs, one computer with free Internet access and an Executive Desk with no staff working on. After entering the lounge we intended to drink a coffee, which was so bitter that it wasn’t drinkable. Thought of having a Coke instead but unfortunately the staff placed only two or three small bottles of Coke, Fanta, Sprite, Diet Coke and Tonic water at a time in a large ice bucket. When we showed up, just Diet Coke and Sprite was left over. When we returned to the lounge later this evening, the sodas had been stocked up and several alcoholic beverages were also offered. In addition to this, two hot items (spring rolls and grilled chicken skewers) and assorted cheese with crackers were available.

After the lounge closed at 11:00 pm we went downstairs to have another drink at the Zinc Lounge and Bar.

Check-out was friendly, fast and accurate.

We used the hotels Mercedes limousine for our way back to the airport. The fare of 890 CZK ($50) could be charged to the room.

Final notes: The hotel is centrally located, only minutes away from a major shopping area and very close to several sights like the the Wenceslas Square from where you can reach the Charles Bridge within 10 more minutes. The staff is polite and attentive. Everybody speaks perfect English. The two rooms I saw were clean and OK but nothing special. I stayed at both Hiltons and for me, the location isn’t worth staying at the Hilton Prague Old Town. If you have to stay here for what reason ever, you’ll probably have a comfortable stay, but keep in mind only 10 minutes away you’ll discover outstanding service at the Hilton Prague. However, I do recommend this property.