FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Getting Walked (or denied a room) - Experiences & Questions" thread
Old Nov 28, 2002, 3:18 am
Muerz

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
For many years of travel I've not been walked, however last year I got walked twice: once at the Marriott World Center Orlando (1 room) and once in a Radisson SAS (two rooms) on French riviera. Both times I had guaranteed, at the Marriott even prepaid reservations!

The employees at the Marriott had already arranged for accomodation (although at the shabby Caribe Royal Suites down the road) and apologies (phone card, better room on subsequent days of our 7-day stay). Even if I was not happy (this happening at 1am after arriving late in Orlando), I was happy to have a room that was not too far away so we could get to bed. I sent a complaint letter to the manager after the stay and he replied a really apologic letter that they would upgrade us to a suite îf we should consider staying at his hotel again. Next time we stayed there, they upgraded our two rooms to really wonderful suites.

The staff at the Radisson were really rude and had not arranged for rooms yet. The clerk slowly started phoning around (at midnight) and found one room at the Noga Hilton Cannes and one at a Sofitel (about 2km away from each other) for us. They also wanted us to pay the difference (room at Radisson was about 100$, the ones at the other hotels in excess of 300$) and that's when I got nasty with them. End of story: They found us 2 rooms at the Sofitel and both rooms were free on first night and we payed the Radisson rate on the second night.

My tactics, I friendly asked to talk to a manager. The clerk told me no manager was available at the moment. I told him then that he should wake the general manager at home. He then understood he better should search for a good solution. Even if it is against my principles, I stay again at this Radisson every time I'm on French Riviera because they are the cheapest of the good hotels down there and surely better than staying at a more expensive but worse other hotel.

Muerz

Muerz

------------------
Visit the Hyatt Review Website at http://www.no-limits.lu/hyatt or at http://www.hotelreview.de.vu