FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Jul 29, 2009, 11:17 am
jlgrandam

Originally Posted by gejone
...and that's when the truth comes out, "I buy them from the Mint, charge the purchase to my credit card and I get the airline miles. That also helps the Mint get these into circulation." Most of the tellers think it's really a great idea and some ask how to do the same thing for themselves.

Lying about your source does nothing. If you ever change your story and a teller remembers your other story, forget the SAR that might be sent, what about telling someone an intentional lie? If you keep telling the same story that is bound to raise questions; How many checks can one person refuse and get paid in brand new $1 coins? Can we say SAR!!! Or just, extreme lack of ethics.
LOL at the people who think depositing them into the bank is "getting them into circulation." Don't delude yourself any further, the banks aren't giving these coins out to anyone unless they are specifically asked for by the customer. Depositing them into the banks is the OPPOSITE of what the Mint wants us to do with them.