FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Embarrassing panic attack on a Embraer RJ145
Old Jul 29, 2009, 10:04 am
Treasa

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Indianageo, I tend to get really unnerved by the boarding process (something about a bunch of people s..g up what should be a simple process). I also do not like tight spaces and feeling crowded by others. What I do to control my anxiety is to get something cold to drink before boarding (that helps to alleviate that hot feeling). Once on board and seated, immediately get out good reading material and/or put your Ipod on. Generally, by the time it is readt for departure your anxiety level should be going down. Also as suggested, possibly seek medication. But given the state of the airline industry, if you want to continue to fly RJs are going to be a reality in today's environment.
This is what I wish I could do. Put on my iPod as soon as I get on the plane, I mean. But they always tell you to turn off electronic devices before you're airborne.

Do you think telling the FA that I'm claustrophobic will help or hurt? The last time I tried, the FA just kinda blew me off.

My flight is only 45 minutes, but I'm still nervous. I wish I could skip the boarding/buckling in/seeing the door close part.