FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (Honeymoon) Hua Hin or Phuket?
View Single Post
Old Jul 28, 2009, 9:50 pm
jiejie

Programs: various
Originally Posted by yosithezet
JieJie?

Anyway, this sounds like the Le Meridien Phuket which I really don't like.

The Le Meridien Khao Lak is about an hour and a bit north of HKT in Phang Na. Wonderful property.
That lonely hotel on the hill could be the L.M. Phuket which I also don't care for (location wise, unless you have rental car). Yes, it's technically at the edge of Karon. There's also another L.M. Yacht Club hotel way down at the south end on Nai Harn beach which is fairly deserted.

Bangtao beach is mostly upscale now--it has the Banyan Tree, the Laguna/Dusit/Sheraton resort properties on the main part, and some independent more mid-range properties on the south end. The beach itself is very long and possibly the nicest on Phuket (it's the one often used in tourist brochures). Some good local (non-hotel) Thai and western restaurants scattered on the beach and on the roads but not a nightclub/bar place like Patong (thank God). Bangtao proper doesn't have hills. At the far north end is the Trisara but it's almost at the headland going up to the next beach--that's on a hill and more of a private resort not a beachy place. At the far south end you get to Pansea Beach with the Chedi and Amanpuri on the hill, but that's accessed by a different road further south.

I also agree with above poster who cautions that any new hotel is likely to either not open as scheduled, or have "teething problems" while they are fixing the physical facilities and training staff. Frankly, making the major criteria on choice of honeymoon location = having an IC hotel is to me a bit baffling logic, but horses for courses and that's OP's choice. If our suggestions didn't help him, likely there's another FT reader who can benefit from the discussion.