FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JW Marriott - Shenzhen [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jul 28, 2009, 12:22 pm
allset2travel

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Recent stay report

Thanks for the detailed report/review of this property.
I stay here but 1 night, having flown very late on a delayed flight to SZX.
As experienced by prior poster, the cab driver did not know this place even I handed him a Chinese version of hotel address and phone #. He called 3 times.
Check-in at 2:00am. Only 1 person behind the counter. His English is spotty, but check-in was done right and swiftly. I was told if I need anything from the Exec Lounge, please call him.
Got an upgraded room on the Exec Floor. The set up is better than the JW in Hong Kong. Room size is larger and more luxurious.
The exec lounge is NOT 24 hours (closes at mid-night, but can call to assistance) and is not currently accessable by room key.
I concur everything that prior post said.
Further, the breakfast buffet in the Cafe Chinoise (2nd floor) is simply fabulous. It has a section for western food; and 1 section for Chinese food. Big selection with make-to-order. 2 chefs behind the counter on each section, ready to cook up something for you. Food quality is good to excellent. It free for us but a dummy bill came that indicated 441 RMB for 2 people.
Free internet was offered in room as well as in the Exec Lounge. The Exec lounge is very big, bigger than any I had been to. Partitioned into several sections and not jammed with tables and chairs. One corner with view is great for work by yourself or in small group. Internet connection (WiFi) seems fast. Soft music is blaring in another section. Service good and English for the most part marginal. An assistant manager on duty here came up to welcome me in the lounge. Lo-and-behold, I knew her from Shanghai.
Overall a great addition to the Shenzhen market, where a great deal of business travel evolved around the huge manufacturing base in the Pearl River Delta area.
For those who need to go to Hong Kong from here, use the Futian Border Crossing. It is a new facility, both China and HK custom/immigration under one roof. For less than 25 RMB cab ride and 15 minutes from hotel, you can cross the border in less than 10 minutes. On the Hong Kong side of the border, hop on the East Railways at Lok Ma Chau Station for destinations in Kowloon. For me, I was on way to the Renaissance Kowloon. The train brings me to TST East station, a 5 minute walk to my hotel.