View Single Post
Old Mar 9, 2003, 2:04 pm
The _Banking_Scot
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hilton London Gatwick Airport Trip Reports and Reviews

Hi,

After a little bit of a nightmare ground service from bmi at LHR following on from a 2.25hour delay flight from EDI I arrived at the LGW Hilton by taxi around midnight.
I was automatically upgraded to the Executive room in the new wing ( 4th floor).
After wandering around a few cornes I got to the room.
The room itself was large, clean and comfortable.
The bathroom was large , clean and nicely decorated with a separate bath and shower. They also had nice smelling sticks that you threw into the bath which gave of a very nice aroma.
Uniquely amongst the UK hiltons there was Moulton Brown bathroom products ( shampoo ,condtioner soap).
A bathrobe( very fluffy- you can buy the bathrobe for around £30)) and slippers were also provided
The room also has a large fruit plate (wrapped in plastic) and two bottles of water in the bathroom.
A wake up call could be set on the TV as well as by phone.
The bed itself was comfortable and the room was quiet.
The Executive lounge was large and had a good continental breakfast selection.
The hotel gym and pool looked large but as I had an earlish flight and it did not open until 8am i skipped the pool.
I was able to check out at the lounge before heading to the South Terminal to check in.

Overall while a little expensive ( £130 GBP inc VAT) the room was of a very high standard and would recommend this hotel ( esp the newer room and executive rooms)

Regards
TBS