FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Jul 28, 2009, 10:55 am
chtrich

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Unfortunately, The Mint is a government entity, so they don't turn them around that quickly. If you order them on day 0, your card will get a hold for the coin amount then. When they ship, they'll turn the hold into a purchase, usually ~2 weeks. Add a few days for shipping (if it happens over a weekend, which mine usually tend to do), and then a day for the $ to post to your account and a few days for your credit card payment to post. You might be able to average 1.5 turns/month on your cards, but that's still an amazing amount of coins, depending on your credit limit and how much free credit you have floating around I just wonder what some of our credit scores look like if we really continue this... If anyone were to apply for a house/car loan, it might be fishy why you're spending your yearly salary in the course of a few months.
Up until the recent backorder, coins have been arriving for me within a week of ordering them. I've been making 2-3 turns a month on my cards. Of course that does vary as prior to this month it was more like 1-1.5 turns as it did take 2 weeks. It seems to vary a lot I guess. :-)
I don't think it'll hurt your credit scores. You charge a lot, but pay it all off every month on time. That's not a bad thing. Maxing your limit can have some affect, but a month or two after this deal dies all will be returned to normal.