FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Jul 28, 2009, 9:46 am
genotonda

Programs: Priority Club PLT, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP
Originally Posted by aviators99
Money deposited to your account due to a bank error in your favor is the bank's money, not yours. You can be prosecuted for theft if you don't return it. Do a Google search and find lots of people who thought it was theirs to spend, and were fined and/or jailed.

I suggest you take care of this. Your post even shows that you have knowledge of the errors. :-O
OMG You cannot be serious??!!

First off, I did not count the 2500+ coins myself to see that they were dead on. For all I know there was 2503 coins in the pile of coins I had unrolled and dumped into a bag. So that is NOT the banks money, I gave them the authority to count my deposit and basically take what ever number they came up with. If they counted 2496, I can't say "There should be 2500, give me $2500 please." I MIGHT get them to just give me all the coins back, provided the $1 coin bag was empty before my coins were added. Most likely I would have just had to take $2496 and walk away.

If it's anybody's money, it's the US Mint's. Perhaps I should send them the $4.10?? I think I just might see what I look like in stripes!