FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Palace Madrid, Spain [Master Thread]
Old Jul 23, 2009, 4:58 am
af fp

I'm back from the hotel, I spent a few days there and am Gold thanks to my *wood AX.

I was on the Preferred Guest floor but no upgrade (I know it is not a given for a gold with very few stays though). "Deluxe" room, which is the basic one. At least the room was given to me as soon as I came (8:30 AM, we were leaving very early on the last day too though). Nothing special, courtyard facing so very quiet but no view.

The room was clean... but that's it. Internet did not work well (and cost EUR 18 a day, I asked for one day to be refunded at checkout and got it). Water service was irregular, it worked half the time, the other days we took water bottles from the fridge, EUR 6 each (for 50cl)! Amenities were OK but nothing special. Nice breakfast (included in the pre-paid rate), but stopping service at 11AM is a bit early given the Spanish lifestyle. In-room breakfast is continental, sort of included in the rate (EUR 5 surcharge for delivery).

There never was a turn-down service. Not once.

Overall it is a nice place, nice bed, nice shower, nice breakfast, great location if you want to visit Madrid. Nice but not outstanding. I would not pay too much for it. EUR 200 per room per night max.

Last edited by af fp; Jul 23, 2009 at 5:47 am