FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What if a DB ticket gets lost in the mail?
Old Jul 22, 2009, 4:02 pm
terrysalmi

Programs: Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by ptr120
Would love to see a trip report for that one. I've considered it several times, but LHR is much closer to my destination, and I like my SEN card too much!
I did this basic trip in April, except it was to Rheydt-M'gladbach via Aachen. A very nice and easy trip indeed, except it got a little long with regional trains at both ends - Huntingdon-London-Brussels-Aachen-Rheydt using Nat'l Rail, Eurostar, Thalys, and DB respectively. Brussels was easy to transit through except for finding proper euro change for the toilets on the far other side of the station.

On the return, it was a good thing my American family had our very good German Friend go to the Rheydt platform with us, since a quiet announcement was made in German saying our train to Aachen was running 20 minutes late - a small problem with a 15 minute connection. She loaded us into her car, and took off down the Autobahn at 200km/hr getting us to the Aachen HBF with plenty of time to catch the Thalys and the remaining trips.