FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Issues with Corporate Rate vs. Express Rate
Old Jul 21, 2009, 5:21 pm
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jackal
What did customer service say the issue was? If you look at the breakdown of charges on your initial contract versus your final receipt, what's different that makes the cost change?

And interesting that the agent couldn't do anything without the manager. An agent in Hawaii (corporate location) told me they are empowered to do whatever it takes to make sure a customer leaves happy. (Actually, the OGG location seemed to me to be one of the better-run corporate stores, so that could just be a local policy even though it's a corporate store, not a franchise.)
The desk agent told me it was the computer deciding to charge me a weekday rate instead of a weekend rate. As I rented Saturday to Sunday and it was on the contract this seems very odd to me. I was also befuddled by the agent being unable to do anything, you'd think with an Express Member/Corporate Account Holder they'd just credit me the $11 on the spot. I wrote their customer service an email and have yet to hear back.