FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need help with strategy for getting 4K EQM for minor child
Old Jul 21, 2009, 12:57 pm
quantumslip

Originally Posted by KebaNYC
My wife and I will easily qualify for Gold elite this year but our son (5 y.o.) will be short by almost 4K miles.. If it was just myself I would take a run without a second thought but my 5 y.o. is not really excited about a EWR-??? MR by himself . So here we are trying to figure out what to do. Vacation time is already committed for this year so there is no room for an extra vacation. Normally we would have a big trip for X-mas but we got 3 BF standard awards to Europe which is the cause of this situation.

We usually fly about 30-40K a year so the extra 75% bonus miles for him next year, in addition to the extra upgrade chance would be nice.

I was thinking of cosigning on a Presidential Chase card to get the flex-EQM but I was wondering if there is a reason that I couldn't do that or shouldn't do that.

Of course we will be just fine if he is only Silver this year and we will love him just as much, but as a loyal FT'er and responsible dad I have to try to get him Gold.

Thanks.

Keba
I would seriously do an MR; that way in the future ya'll can all be in one PNR and be EUAed at once should there be the space; plus the 2x RDM can't hurt.

Do a same day turn transcon or however long you need with your son in tow. Maybe a redeye so he would be sleeping for at least one leg.