FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel AMS, Netherlands [Master Thread]
Old Jul 21, 2009, 9:51 am
thomas199023

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I hope this is not a FTer but I though it was just to funny to not post here.

I had planned a two-day stay at this property. I arrived at check-in at 13:00. As a Platinum member I was told that because I was checking in early my upgraded, larger room was not ready and that I would be upgraded to a room on the executive floor. I was unable to wait for the larger room and accepted the upgrade to a standard room on the executive floor. The size was very small. I asked the front desk to cancel my reservation. They were kind enough to cancel my check -in and cancel my reservation and I took a room at the Dorint Hotel. It required a shuttle ride but I was given a much larger room for a significantly more moderate rate. I am a Starwood Platinum member and would have preferred to stay at the Starwood property. The points received for a two night stay were not sufficient reason for me to spend two nights in such a small room.
The staff was kind but the product most standard.
So this guy canceled his res. because he wasn't upgraded...