FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 30-day Delta Sky Club Membership — No Longer Available: The Definitive Thread
Old Jul 20, 2009, 5:32 pm
Rus925

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, AA Plat Pro, DL Gold, UA*S, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by pdxdtw
Has anyone managed to finagle entrance into a Continental lounge using a 30-day Sky Club membership when they were flying CO? The reason I ask is that next week I will be flying from RDU to LAX on Continental, with a 2 hr 15 min layover in IAH, a Sky Club-free zone.

The NWA page about the 30-day membership reads:
Delta Sky Club 30-Day Membership is valid at all Delta Sky Club locations worldwide, as well as the Air France Lounge in Paris (located on concourse 2E - On the left after Passport Control – Downstairs) and the KLM operated lounge in Amsterdam, with the use of the temporary membership card. (Access to partner lounges is not permitted.)

while Delta's paragraph on 30-day memberships says:
Membership applies only to Delta, Northwest, and Continental facilities, as well as the Air France Lounge in Paris (located on concourse 2E - On the left after Passport Control – Downstairs) and the KLM operated lounge in Amsterdam.

They seem to contradict each other as to whether 30-day members can access Continental lounges.

Similarly, you think someone who is flying Delta in and out of Zurich with a 30-day pass can sneak himself into the Air France lounge there?

Thanks,
Jared
In the good ol' days (pre-merger), the 30- and (then) 60- day memberships offered all the benefits of an annual WorldClubs membership, so yes, you could enter partner lounges with it so long as you had first picked up your card from an NW-operated WorldClub. I'm not sure the memo has gotten around that this has changed (some WorldClub staff I've talked to recently think it still operates this way), so you might get lucky.