FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL/NW Merged Stations to Avoid
View Single Post
Old Jul 20, 2009, 5:01 am
hazelrah

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by pmaddock

The SC rep claims that the NW Union is asserting its contract rights - strongly enforcing that only the NW Union employees at the non outsource stations should be allowed to service NW flight check ins. Assuming this is correct it would help explain what we are seeing - the rep at the Medallion line is probably a DL employee so that agent can't check in for NW flights. Same theme for the 'bi-secting' of service at the coach counters as well.

Of course even if this is the case there are certainly workarounds that DL could and should employ:
I don't know if this is a factor, but I don't think it is the main factor. Is this just another attempt by management to place blame?

I mean it is always something with Delta, isn't it? We are not profitable because of high fuel. We are not profitable because of accounting charges for the merger. We have to have luggage and frequent flyer redemption fees because we are not profitable. We have to cut the FF program and elite benefits because they are overly generous, on and on.

Besides, as someone pointed out, ORF was outsourced and they have the problem there. I'm more inclined to blame management ineptitude. The union is just a convenient scapegoat.