FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Explosions at Jakarta JW Marriott and Ritz Carlton Reported
Old Jul 17, 2009, 7:43 am
sfpaul900

Originally Posted by stanontour
I have been staying there all week.
Awaiting my luggage, passport, money and everything else, not sure what time to expect it.
First let me say that stanontour got out with what is important: ie his life. At the risk of sounding snarky, ever since a middle-of-the-night fire alarm in Sacramento, I always keep everything important (passport, wallet, keys, phone, etc) together by the bedside in case I have to make an unexpected departure.

Originally Posted by stanontour
I was staying on the 28th floor, so quickly put some shorts and t shirt on and walked up the one flight to the exec lounge.
Presumably, my legs aren't as nice as stanontour's so I always keep a pair of long pants slung over the chair as well .

When on a plane, if I'm in F or C and the FA takes my coat, I always make sure I have my passport/wallet with me as well, in case of an emergency evacuation. Luckily, I've never had that happen.

My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families. An attack like this is an attack on all of us who travel freely, whether for business or pleasure.

Last edited by sfpaul900; Jul 17, 2009 at 7:48 am Reason: add quote