FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion
Old Jul 15, 2009, 11:46 am
broncoboaz

Fairmont at Banff Springs

I just returned from a 4 night stay at the Fairmont in Banff Springs using the NFAF code. It was one of the most enjoyable times of my life! Banff is amazing! I highly recommend the Icefields Parkway! You must travel on this and go see Peyto Lake and Miscaya Canyon! The canyon was my favorite part! Amazing! We went white water rafting with Wild Water Adventures and had a great time! Great rapids and well run company. We did the afternoon white water exciter.

As for the hotel, we were upgraded to a king size standard valley room (just a basic room with valley view, not mountain view). That was nice. I would definitely stay here again, but only at the NFAF rate. This hotel is not worth the rack rate of $300-$400/night. The rooms at the Ramada Inn are more updated than these rooms. The size of the rooms didn't bother me (very small bathroom), but to have cathode ray tube TV's and old matresses and beat up looking walls? I would expect much more for hundreds of dollars per night. I told the hotel when I checked out about my opinion and they told me that they get that reaction a lot and hopefully will be updating the rooms soon. Don't get me wrong, we loved the hotel and thoroghly enjoyed the spa! Best spa I have ever seen (but then again I usually don't go to spas ) If you are going to eat in the hotel (and don't want to spend a fortune), eat at the Rundle Lounge and sit near the window. It wasn't cheap ($18/meal) but the ham and brie sandwich was amazing!

I'm telling everyone that if they want to plan a vacation, go to BANFF!!!