FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion
Old Jul 11, 2009, 9:03 pm
RockoHorse

Thanks nyx.t2t
We've enjoyed a whole bunch of fairmont's this year thanks to you!
I must admit though that i have a few favourites and a few that, as much as I'm glad i got to stay at them, i'll probably not go back to.
So far this year:
Montreal, Ottawa, Chicago, Seattle and San Francisco
not sure if we'll go to any more but it would be fun.

Ottawa and montreal are showing their age. There was even a massive hole in the ceiling in the hallway outside our room in ottawa with coolant or something dripping into a massive plastic bin all day/night.

chicago was very nice but not a classic fairmont, very pretty modern hotel

seattle was very nice and is my second fav, but they need better beds. Nice room, nice lobby, great location, nice health club etc etc.

the best: San Francisco - the only con is that its located on the top of a huge hill, though i suppose we could have taken a cab instead of walking
San Fran has the most beautiful lobby, the rooms are nice, the bathrooms seem newer and the beds are wonderful (i'm not usually picky when it comes to bed, but i have noticed that all the fairmonts except san fran and chicago have really springy - and i'm assuming old - beds)

thats just my 2 cents
thanks again for the discount!

edit: one caveat i forgot - remember to keep the bathroom door closed at the san francisco hotel when showering, this may seem like common sense but with no extractor fan i thought it was ok, turns out the smoke detector is rather sensitive!

Last edited by RockoHorse; Jul 11, 2009 at 9:22 pm Reason: forgot something