FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Compensation: Cancelled Flight and Flight Cancellation
Old Jul 11, 2009, 1:37 pm
angelsgirl85

Programs: AA Plat, BA, UA, AS, DL. HH diamond, IHG Platinum
Thanks for all your replies. Here is some more info: His flight was LGW - LAS, stay in LAS, then LAS-CVG, stopover in CVG for 3 months, then CVG-LGW. So he has already completed the first leg of his flight. His flight home from London is on BA metal from LHR - CPT at 7 PM on Dec. 15. He will have to pick up his checked bags in London and switch airlines. I originally started this thread because I was concerned about the 1.5 hr layover for an international flight with checked bags, which could consequently prevent him from transferring from LGW - LHR with enough time. I've never been fortunate enough to get any compensation or rerouting when flying, so I was wondering what would be reasonable to ask. I think that rerouting CVG-LHR via DTW or ATL would be a great option so then he's already at the correct airport for his final leg home. I also noticed that there is a flight CVG-CDG-LHR, but I don't know if that would be pushing for too much since rerouting an international layover might be harder to do. Is it better to call DL customer service, email them, or just ask at the gate when we fly LAS-CVG?