FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Dublin {IRL}
View Single Post
Old Dec 20, 2002, 9:41 am
ExpoTrac

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors, Marriott Silver
We used a point-stretcher award for a weekend stay last month, and when I booked I asked for a roll-away bed as there were 3 of us in the room.
We checked in and they mentioned that they would bring the bed up shortly...it arrived while we were at dinner, along with a full set of towels and toiletries which I thought was a nice touch. The room was large (although the furnishings seem somewhat dated), judging from the emergency escape plan the largest on the floor.
No mention of breakfast, so I asked at the desk and they said flat out no for Gold. I asked again the next morning and the clerk checked in the back, and then said no since they had given us an upgraded room. Maybe they consider the extra bed or the larger room an upgrade?
We did get 2 bottles of water with turn-down service, although no "fine Irish chocolates" as mentioned on the website. The maid said they discontinued those.
We found the concierge to be helpful in arranging trips, giving directions, and loaning us an umbrella. The desk clerks were efficient but not overly friendly.