FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Jul 7, 2009, 3:26 pm
FrAAmer

Location: San Diego, CA , 4.2MM+ AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
Please help me understand something-

Some of you are upset about some of us ordering in larger quantities (and I am not one of those 10K per week people - I think that is excessive and potentially abusive of the bank(s).) The most I have ever ordered and deposited is 5K in a single order and the most frequent was 2 x in a month to the same financial institution, usually several weeks apart. I may have ordered/recieved a greater dollar amount than $10K, but when I did, it was deposited to several financial institutions and should have no impact on a single bank or branch.

You are concerned that this will cause the program to prematurely end and to prolong the experience want us to order and deposit in smaller quantities for a longer period of time? So in what quantities? $250 $500?

And you don't see that you would be making 10 deposits at $500 to one deposit at $5,000? And, if you did it for ten weeks at $500 that you would have the same result as one week at $5000? Or if you did one a month at $5,000 that it may be actually less of a hassle for the bank? Have you asked them? I have and make my orders and deposits according to what they feel works best for them.

So, let's say you want to keep this program going for as long as possible. Am I correct that the objective is to earn points and miles? And, lets say there is a two year period of which this program runs.

So that no one gets upset, how many coins/points/miles is it reasonable to expect that in a two year period one could/should earn? Now this is without pissing anyone from the coin police off - so how much could one earn and not get you mad or ?

And your expectation is that it should be achieved in what quantity and frequency so as not to jeopardize the longevity of the program?

As we have learned from the other earnings opportunities like this one (and I did benefit from the Savings Bond program) - most do have a "run time." So wouldn't the best way to earn the points and miles be to earn as many as practically possible in as short a time as possible or am I missing something?

If your expectation is that one could earn "x" points/miles over a finite period of time, what is the harm in doing so in the shortest period of time possible?

Or is it that those who are upset do not have ample credit lines to achieve what others have?

I don't resent being called "rich" and I am hardly wealthy. Ironically, I have far less than many of my peers, yet travel better than my wealthiest clients. What I have done is diligently read and studied the many sites and threads put forward by people passionate about free travel and maximized the earnings power of transactions I make in my daily life. And, as a result, have earned enough points and miles to travel well.

Yet, I am willing to share what works well for me and do not feel by doing so I have in any way jeopardized the ability of others to do so.

Funny, no one has commented on the suggestion by others that we lie about the source of the coins to perpetuate longevity of the program......... so does that mean you condone such behavior?