FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Singapore {SGP} (no longer Hilton)
Old Nov 23, 2002, 5:08 pm
essxjay
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
I can't wax rhapsodic enough about the Conrad. The service, the almost guaranteed upgrades as a Gold -- even on award stays -- and the amenties are unparalleled.

Speaking of award stays, both my 3-day stays in the last year at this fine, fine property cost me only 39K HHonors points. These were PS awards. For some reason, Hilton considers this property a Classic. It should be a Premium but I'm not complaining. It's nicer than any property I've stayed at in the U.S. and upgrades to the top floor were automatic.

As part of that upgrade, not only do you have access to the Exec Lounge (lavish Asian and Western breakfast spread, complimentary afternoon tea and evening cocktails and munchies such as sushi, etc.), but also fruit and chocolates upon arrival, free pressing of up to 5 pieces of clothing per day, free customized stationary, in-room fax, wireless Internet availability for a nominal fee, and you get to keep the little Conrad teddy bear and rubber ducky.

And that just scratches the surface.

I thought the shopping in Suntec City mall and Millenia Walk was great, although Millenia Walk sure had a lot of vacant storefronts. But I found some fabulous bargains.

One more thing, Raffles is just a quick walk from the Conrad. PremEx and I had an incredible prix fixe, semi-buffet lunch at the Longbar Steakhouse. I think it was 30SD (about $18). You order your entree and then have hey at the salads, seafood, appetizers, cheese and desserts. All exquisite.

[This message has been edited by essxjay (edited 11-23-2002).]