FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Brisbane {AUS}
View Single Post
Old Nov 11, 2002, 11:47 pm
kawoh

Arrow Hilton Brisbane {AUS}

Hi,

I checked into the Hilton Brisbane earlier this morning. I arrived quite early. The hotel was fully booked (due to the Ashes in Brisbane). So I could not get my exec floor room (booked rate). Anyhow, they told me to go up to the exec floor club room and have some breakfast and they'll have my room ready shortly.

Clubroom - Hilton Brisbane IMHO is the best clubfloor of any Hilton in Australia. The service is always friendly and perky, the views are beautiful, and the food is always delicious. For breakfast in the clubroom, they serve beef and pork sausages (delicious!), nice fresh bacon, omlette, salmon with sauce (plenty! they always replenish), the best danish pastry, fresh fruits, yoghurts, a variety of juices, breads, cold meats and cheese (such as blue cheese, brie, etc). This is much better compared to the Hiltons in SYD and MEL. Plus the price of the Hilton BNE is considerably less than SYD or MEL Hiltons.

The rooms in Brisbane are modern (the rooms look freshly refurbished, but they've looked like this for the past 2-3 years, so they keep well), well equipped with a proper work table unlike Melbourne, modern earthy colours, very nice conservative soft tones, a nice single seater lounge with ottoman. The only thing I don't like is their fridge is auto-operated so if you lift a bottle it automatically registers on their system so if you need to move things you need to ask them to remove the charges from your a/c.

Anyhow, I had to leave after dropping my bags off into the room about 30 mins later, and I got back to find my Gold amnenity. Hilton have yet again ensured that I always get my Gold amenity, I have honestly never not received an elite amnenity, contrary to what it seems many on here miss out on.

Anyhow, I was VERY impressed by my amneity package, consisting of:

1) A bottle of Australian Shiraz Red (2001) 750ml, very nice, coupled with 2 glasses. I think ill save it and enjoy the reds in the clubroom for evening canapes instead!
2) A fresh, crunchy, large Apple, complemented with a knife, pressed cotton napkin and white ceramic plate
3) A bottle of water (375ml)
4) Two with compliments cards, hand signed by the Hotel's general manager, one for the apple, one for the rest.
5) A wonderfully blue ribbon tied box of Australian Made, Belgian Choclate Sea Shells (55g).

Well done Hilton, you again have surpassed my expectations and hence my ongoing loyalty to you.

[This message has been edited by kawoh (edited 11-11-2002).]