FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Honors Gold versus Hilton Honors Diamond: What Are the Differences?
Old Nov 6, 2002, 12:25 pm
apex

I spent a night each at the Corby & Northampton UK Hilton in September. Being Diamond, I asked about breakfast. Was told breakfast was an addtional charge...being UK Hiltons they didn't participate in that part of the HHonors program???
Pulled out my copy of Hilton rules. At Corby the desk clerk said he would have to talk to the manager in the morning at 8:00 AM. I said I'll be gone at 8:00 AM, call him at home. The clerk then decided I would get breakfast at no charge.

The next night at Northampton the same situation. The clerk said I was upgraded to a king ( that was her interpretation of offering another ammenity ) I said I was happy with a queen bed, I want breakfast.
She then decided to give me breakfast...as she was doing me a big favor.

Was I the first HHonors VIP to ever ask about complimentary breakfast at these locations?

Bottom line... it shouldn't take an argument. Always carry a copy of Hilton's rules, diamond or gold, especially if your going to the UK!