FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Honors Gold versus Hilton Honors Diamond: What Are the Differences?
Old Nov 5, 2002, 4:54 pm
DOC 2 BE

My take on this is as VENK said above, Golds could be denied Lounge access but get a Cont'l breakfast in the coffee shop, whereas Diamonds will NEVER be denied Louonge access.

Remember Trojan, that Lounge access also carries with it access to soft drinks (or alcohol gratis overseas) as well as evening hors d'oevures.

What this seems to me is a winnowing back on the perks that Golds used to enjoy. This might, I say might, be due to a number of those who were gifted Gold, by one way or another.

Therefore, a Gold may get the breakfast, and those in his/her room, as well, but it would appear that the hotel could bar you from the Lounge.

This appears to speak directly to that situation at the SJU Hilton, where now it is enshrined in the HHonors rules, that they need not let you into the Concierge Lounge.

In addition, at those hotels that are quite full and that might have small lounges, this is a way to control the number of those who are using it.

Diamond perks are safe, Gold perks can be cut back.